Here’s our roundup of the best indoor activities to make the most of a wet day in the city.
If you are a bigger group and need help in organizing an awesome day out, drop us a message.
If you want to cosy up at a tea or coffee house
- take in the surreal decoration at Csendes ruin café
- hug a teddy bear in the fairy-tale atmosphere of Rengeteg RomKafé
- pet some animals at the zoo café
- choose from an endless list of tea while chilling on soft pillows at Altair, a hidden, loft-style teahouse
- enjoy some art and read the newest magazines at Kelet café and art gallery
- have a hot chocolate at Noir choco bar close to Liszt Ferenc square
If you're looking for a fun challenge
- play at Europe’s largest pinball museum! (email us for a discount if you're a bigger group!)
- experience the the Invisible Exhibition (for English tours you need to book 24 hrs in advance) where you are in complete darkness and have a blind guide that leads your group through different rooms and situations
- play an awesome escape game! Whether it's Star wars, The Labyrinth or Back to the future, use promo code B side tours to get 1000 HUF off.
- beat the other teams at the board game café
- go bowling inside Mammut shopping mall
- try the ideal shooting activity without pain: laser tag!
- get creative: paint a famous piece of art while sipping on some coctails with Fessneki
- bring the artist out in you and spray paint a Trabant!
- get the ball into a washing machine or toilet at the minigolf bar! (email us for a discount if you're a bigger group!)
- the content you came here for: take photos in different thematic rooms at the Selfie Museum
- get that ball in the hole.. play pool !
If you need an adrenaline rush
- get down and dirty while adventure caving in the Buda hills!
- focus on your next step while climbing some walls
- grab the wheel and race against each other at a gokart center
- work on your moves at a pole dancing class
- take a ride on 11 different water slides at Aquaworld
- let your worst nightmares become reality at the interactive horror labyrinth! Email us for a discount if you're a bigger group
- go gun shooting
- try throwing axes
- jump up and down at a trampoline park
If you feel like relaxing
- choose one of the thermal baths of Budapest
- make it a spa day: play chess at Széchenyi thermal baths
- relax at the rooftop jacuzzi at Turkish bath Rudas
- get at ticket to the sauna world at local favourite Lukács
- make an appointment for a massage at the lesser-known Veli Bej spa
If you like exhibitions
- visit a museum that interests you: Ludwig Museum, Art hall, National Gallery, National Museum, Museum of Fine Arts, Budapest Gallery, House of Terror, 1956 exhibition on Kossuth square etc.
- go on a guided tour inside the Opera house, Great Synagouge, Parliament, Music Academy or Hospital in the rock
- if you’re into photography: go to the Capa Center or the Mai Manó house
If you're looking for a gastromance
- grab tasty breakfast at Zoska or Szimply
- have a drink at the "blind bar" or have an "invisible dinner"
- wander around the markets of Budapest
- take a cooking class with ChefParade
- have a beer at Hunyadi home bistro or watch how it is done (website only available in Hungarian!)
- have dinner at a great Hungarian restaurant
- try our Gastromance tour
If you're into arts and theatre
- get a ticket to the Opera house or the Operetta theatre
- enjoy an organ concert or a choir sing at Matthias church or St Stephen's Basilica
- check online for the newest concerts in town
- catch a movie (get a Hungarian friend to help you figure it out. "f" stands for subtitles!)
- lie down at the bed cinema in Buda
If you want to go out
- join an epic boat party (get 5% off with promo code B side tours)
- sing your heart out at a karaoke party (usually Sundays at Retox bar, after the infamous Jaeger train)
- dance the night away at La bodeguita del medio, or Fogasház
- have a drink at one of the ruin bars
- go to an open mic night
All Bars Baths And Pools Beach Bars Best Areas To Stay Bridges Budapest Info Cemetery District 8 Escape Games Fall Festivals Food Historical Sights Hungarian Inventions Indoor Activities Movies And Music Videos Museums Outdoor Activities Outdoor Bars Panorama Rainy Day Rooftop Bars Ruin Bars Statues Street Art Urban Legends Valentine's Day
B Side Tours